Is Your Brand Logo Design Making These Mistakes?
The importance of a strong brand logo design is not unknown to anyone anymore. It has to be unique in concept, original in execution and flawless is handling. It needs to create a memorable presence in the market. In short, it needs to succeed in tapping into the psyche of its audience and reflect the values of the company. When you entrust professional designers with the job of creating your brand logo, you have to make sure that they are making no mistakes. This article describes some mistakes that you need to be wary of.
- No originality+the use of clip-arts+the use of stock vector graphics: These three things can be disastrous for your brand. You have to make sure that your designers are giving you 100% original work and not using cliparts or stock vector graphics. These things do not look good. Plagiarism has never got anyone anywhere and neither will it work for you. Keep in mind that if your business logo is not original, you will not be able to convince your target audience that you provide quality products/services.
- Too fancy+Too many colors used: Simplicity is the key. Encourage your designers to keep it simple in your brand logo. Too many colors and/or visual effects can spoil the whole design for you. State your color preferences to them when you brief them about the project. They should understand your brand image and use the color combination that is usually used in your brand. If you want to experiment with new colors, do not bring in too many shades.
- Complicated design+no clear message+very abstract: There should not be many details in your design. You should also refrain from using a complicated tagline or several words. Plus, your logo should not contain abstract elements because not everyone understands abstract designs. Keep it as simple as possible. Otherwise, misinterpretations might occur and your target audience may form a completely different concept than what you want them to form about your products/services. Provide a clear message so that everyone can understand what you are trying to say.
- Bad typography: The design should not contain various different typefaces, in various colors and sizes. Also, pay attention to the spacing. Experiment, research on the internet about what kind of typography is right for your business. A balanced typographic presence is a must for good business logo design.
- Hackneyed visuals: Pencil or paintbrush has been symbolizing art and creativity for a long time now. Avoid such hackneyed visuals and introduce something unique.
The professionals who are providing you custom logo design India services, should show you previews which are basically glimpses of the work that is being done. You should be able to monitor the progress of your work. That is the way you can avoid mistakes. All the best!
Jayati Bhattacharjee is technical author and had authored numerous articles on web design and development. In this article she describes some common mistakes of brand logo design and suggests ways to prevent them. For more information on unique Brand Logo Design visit www.logo-design-india.com