Trend of Fake Account holders in Facebook and How to Prevent yourself from Fake Friends
When we talk about the popularity of social networking websites and channels on the internet, we find generally the huge scope and channel for conversation and communication. In fact, each of the social media networks has their own merits and demerits to a different extent and people have their own favorite. It is needless to say the social media offers you an excellent opportunity to create your own public or semi-public account and this account will help you in sharing and communicating with other people on the same platform.
Facebook – favorite of all age groups
The sole purpose of the Facebook is to offer the people and its members a platform which may help them in socializing and to connect with each other. In a rough estimate, it was concluded that the number of account holders at Facebook has reached a maximum of 37% of the world’s total population; which was never expected. On the contrary, you will also find the staggering number of fake account holders which has reached 27% of the total account holders. In simple words, if you are getting 10 friend requests, 1 or two likely to be false of fake holders. The teenagers, students and even old aged people like the Facebook account and this has happened due to a plenty of reasons.
Causes of having fake Facebook accounts
There might be some exceptional causes to create fake accounts but among the major ones, some are mentioned below –
- The first and foremost reason to create a fake account on Facebook is to have fun and enjoy the hidden supremacy.
- Most of the students also create fake accounts to take revenge of any past acts that did not go well at that time.
- Mainly lovers, in the views of experts, create fake accounts to tease and lure their spouses. Yes, this is true and Facebook is finding the exact statistics about this.
- Someone also create a fake Facebook account in order to fool the others. These people are also increasing in number.
- Some of the corporate and business oriented people also create a second identity to hide their original names. The reason may be many but the most important is the fear that fellow colleagues might know the online presence of their boss.
Prevention from fake accounts on Facebook
- You can see the account address of the person concerned which must look logical.
- Seeing the profile photo is also an important tool to recognize the fake or original account.
- The list of friends will also tell about the reality of the account holder.
In fact, the Facebook is also taking some harsh steps to recognize the fake account holders and further moving, it has also deleted those accounts.
Summary: – Number of creating fake accounts on the Facebook is constantly increasing due to many reasons. Teasing, taking revenge, fear of being recognized and having fun are the main factors of creating fake accounts. You must look for the logical address, profile picture and friend list to recognize the fake account holders.
I am Steve Haris working as a self-employed content writer & guest blogger. I love to write on Technology or Business articles like Microsoft points free & Free MS Points.