The Importance of Reliable Web Hosting in your Business
Web hosting simply means a service that allows individuals organization and companies to make their website available for the internet world to see. When you want to view somebody’s website all you have to do is type their address into the browser and there you go. A web hosting provider or in other words a web host is a business that provides the services needed for the website to be accessible on the Internet.
There are many types of web hosting Internet Service Providers (ISPs), Free Web Hosting, Paid Hosting, Domain Hosting, Collocation, direct Internet Access and many others. Free hosting providers’ offer of excellent services but its only works better for personal sites, rather than for business. However, there are sites best suited for business, but you have to pay a separate fee every month.
But how does a business owner benefit from web hosting? Most smart business owners utilize websites to engage with your clients and reach potential customers. Businesses do not need just a web host but a very reliable one if at all it will be beneficial. In many instances, most small and startup businesses end up choosing the wrong host provider in the beginning because they don’t know what they really need.
Why is a reliable web hosting crucial for your business?
1. Creating awareness. You are putting up a website because you have to put your business out there right? The Internet is a fantastic source of information, and unless your business is doing well enough to afford to advertise then web hosting is a very useful means to let the world know all about your business and the products or services you provide. To achieve this, you need to give your customers the ability to access your website around the clock .The time of a site’s inaccessibility is known as downtime. So if they happen to visit your site during this periods it will read inaccessible and they might never click on it again.
2. Positive effects on SEO ranking .The first motive of hosting your site is to make sure that your online customers find you easily when they search you on the internet. Appearing among the first businesses gives you a higher chance of being selected.
3. Attract traffic that brings you more customers.
The more people that can view your site the more customers you will probably to get. The worst thing about having an unreliable web host is being placed at the end of the list or your site loading at a slow speed. People don’t have time to wait when they can get the same product in the next site.
4. Accumulations of revenue.
It’s obvious that more visitors to your site will translate to better earnings. Am not saying that everybody that clicks on your site will be interested in what you are selling. But out of a hundred visitors in a day, ten will definitely buy what you have to offer or look forward to it.
5. Provide back up if you are hacked.
Cybercrime is inevitable, and you never know when it will happen to you. However, a reputable and reliable hosting providers will always have a backup of your data to a remote server and make it easy to reinstate in case of a hack.
How do we chose the best web hosting?
There are several things that show the reliability of a hosting provider.
- Excellent uptime- Uptime is the opposite of downtime .Always chose a hosting provider that has a very good uptime track record.
- A good reputation is an essential- The best the idea is to go for a web hosting company that has already been in the field for some time and have hosted many reputable sites .The probability of your site doing goo are much high.
- Excellent customer support- Test how first the support staff of the web provider you want to host your site with. Go for the one that provides a 24/7 hour first response.
The last thing you need to worry about when choosing a web provider is the money. A lot of money does not always mean better services, but in this case, it does. You get what you pay for. Invest in a good developer and your investment will pay dividends in the future.