Top SEO Quick Fixes and Tips
SEO doesn’t always have to be difficult. Once you know how to do the basics, getting your pages to the first page of search results – or even the top of these search results – is rather simple and straightforward. Some of the tips and tricks are also very easy to implement. We are going to discuss some of them in this article.
Adding Keyword Phrases to Strategic Places
There are a few places and elements that should contain your keywords. These places are:
- The title of the page. Be sure to add at least 1 keyword phrase to the title of the page. Don’t add too much though, or the search engines will rank your site lower.
- Headings. H1, H2 and H3 tags should be your priority. Adding relevant keyword phrases to these tags will help your page rank higher in search results.
- Anchor text of links, both internal links and external links. Whether you are getting links from other websites or you are cross-linking between pages, try to add the keyword phrases to these links.
Content Is (Still) King!
Content is still the heart of every SEO campaign. In fact, content is the heart of every site. The best tip to keep in mind when it comes to content is to have as much as you can.
Keep your site updated regularly. Sites that get regular updates will perform better SEO-wise. You should also keep the articles you post on your site relevant to the main keywords and topics you are targeting.
Unfortunately, there are a few mistakes you can make when writing articles for your site. According to the SEO experts from BlueHatMarketing, these mistakes are:
- Long paragraphs. Long paragraphs are no fun to read. Instead of using long paragraphs, add subheadings, lists and images to keep the article interesting to users. These elements will also help boost the page’s SEO performance.
- Moderate the amount of keywords the article has. Your focus should be the article’s readability than adding as many keywords to it. The time spent on the site, the quality of the article and it’s overall readability are taken into considerations by search engines and will greatly boost your SEO performance.
Quick Fixes and Tips
There are still a lot of quick-fixes and tips you can apply immediately, including:
- Build backlinks gradually. Backlink building should be an ongoing process that doesn’t stop when you reach a certain target.
- Build relationships with other websites. The stronger your relationships are, the easier it would be to work with the site owners in making guest posts and other cross-promotions.
- Cross-link to other pages on your site. Adding links to the important bits of your articles and pointing them to other pages will help boost the site’s SEO performance as well.
- Take your time to reply comments. Even further, spend some time leaving comments on other sites, especially those whose owners have commented on your site.
- Add social sharing buttons to your site. If you haven’t explored today’s top social networks, now is the perfect time to start.